NAMBITI PLAINS KZN 3 NIGHTS FOR 2
An unpretentious 5* safari experience in South Africa’s KwaZulu Natal.
Nambiti Private Game Reserve is set in KwaZulu-Natal on 23 000 magnificent acres near the town of Ladysmith, conveniently close to Johannesburg/Pretoria (3.5-4 hours) and Durban (2.5 hours). Nambiti is also close to the renowned KwaZulu-Natal battlefields, a major attraction of this region. One of its major drawcards is that Nambiti is situated in a malaria-free area, meaning that guests don’t have to take medication before visiting.
This reserve boasts the attractions of the Big 5, the only one in the area to do so, and Nambiti’s biodiversity (it encompasses grasslands, riverine bush, savannah and thornveld) ensures a thrilling and unprecedented diversity of game (there are 40 other game species besides the big 5) and is a birders paradise.
Why book Nambiti Plains?
✔ Malaria Free
✔ Boasts Africa’s beautiful Big 5 animals
✔ 40 + mammal species and a plethora of birdlife
✔ Incredible biodiversity – including grasslands, thornveld and savannah
✔ Conveniently located between Durban and Johannesburg
✔ Can be added to any South African safari itinerary
from R4,500 per person per night
from R6,750 per single per night
from R2,800 per child 8 – 12 years of age sharing with two full paying adults
WINTER SPECIAL: Pay for 2 nights, get the 3rd night FREE in May & June 2021
LONG STAY SPECIAL: Book and pay for 7-nights and receive 2-nights complimentary!
Rates valid for all new bookings for stays in 2021. Please enquire for 2022 safaris.
Luxury Suites | Honeymoon Suite available
Imaginatively weaved and constructed, our lodge is perched on the edge of a waterhole overlooking the abundant plains of Nambiti. Spaces are open and uncluttered, leading you to focus on the incredible views of the bushveld beyond.
The lodge is unfenced so that animals can roam freely. Similarly, we want you to feel like you’re part of the bush, more than just a spectator. Read more about our eco-friendly initiatives.
Presided over by our ancient fig tree, relax with a cocktail at the swimming pool, or recline on your private deck and watch the animals drink at the waterhole.
All your meals are included in your stay, and you can look forward to 5-star – yet unfussy – food with a focus on local flavours and fresh ingredients. We are also able to cater for almost all dietary needs.
With two daily game drives included in your stay, you get a chance to spot the animals that have long-inspired the world’s fascination with the African continent.
- Luxury accommodation with stunning bush views
- Welcome drinks and hand sanitizer towels
- Arrival Gift in line with our conservation policies
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and/or high tea, dinner)
- Safari Activities: Two game drives per day with a professional guide
- Snacks and refreshments on safari – minerals, local beers, House liquor and wine on the afternoon safaris
- Coffee, tea, hot chocolate, breakfast juices and water available all day
- A glass of house wine during dinner
- Boma, bush breakfasts and bush dinners (weather permitted)
- WiFi throughout the Main Lodge and the Suites
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance and 1% Tourism Levy & 15% VAT
- Transfers to and from the Reserve – this can be arranged at an additional cost from King Shaka International Airport or OR Tambo International Airport
- Reserve conservation levy per person per day (approximately R 75.00 – subject to change)
- Additional Safari Activities: Walking Safaris, Night drives, Fishing and Star Gazing
- Alternative Activities outside the Reserve: Helicopter flips, Battlefield Tours and Drakensberg outings
- Private Picnics and Romantic Private Champagne Dinner
- Private vehicle/guide (R4,500 per day)
- Curios and gratuities
- Mini bar items and additional beverages ordered at the bar such as Cellar wines, champagnes, soft drinks and all imported spirits and beers
- Laundry service available at additional charge
NAMBITI PLAINS LODGE – GENERAL INFORMATION
- Nambiti Plains Lodge is situated in the Nambiti Game Reserve (Memorial Gate) and is roughly 3.5 hours from Durban and 4.5 hours from Johannesburg
- Nambiti Plains is a malaria-free area
- Recommended time of arrival is from 12h00 with check-in to the rooms from 14h00. Rooms are vacated between 10h00 and 11h00. Gates open at 06h00 and close at 18h00
- When traveling take into account that game drives usually start at 15h30 on your day of arrival and that late arrivals could possibly result in missing your first game drive. Please check with the Lodge as game drive times may vary with the seasons
- Lunch is usually served between 13h30 to 14h30 (times may change), however late arrivals can still enjoy a small High Tea
Booking terms and conditions apply. All rates in South African ZAR.
SUSTAINABLE TOURISM & CONSERVATION
Nambiti Reserve is partly community owned and the community has a vested interest in the protection of wildlife and long term sustainability of the reserve. Nambiti Plains is part of the Pack for a Purpose initiative to positively impact local communities by assisting travellers who want to make a meaningful contribution to the destination they are visiting.
Guests are able to book in advance to join the Anti Poaching Unit on a tracking exercise instead of a morning safari if they choose to (provided it fits in with the APU schedule).
SUPER K9’s is a Captured In Africa tourism-funded conservation initiative to financially support anti-poaching dogs and rangers through our partners Pit-Track K9 Conservation & Anti-Poaching Unit in South Africa. For every booking Captured In Africa receives, $100 per person is contributed to the Super K9’s initiative – thank you.
None of this would be possible without your sustainable visit to Africa.
PLAN YOUR 2021 or 2022 SAFARI TODAY
Our team will be happy to chat to you and answer questions about your exciting trip to the African bush;
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chat with Paul about your trip; email@example.com