MALA MALA GAME RESERVE SA RESIDENT SPECIAL
South African residents can enjoy huge discounts for one of Africa’s most prolific wildlife safari destinations, Mala Mala Game Reserve.
In existence since 1927, this massive, thriving tract of land offers the most exciting wildlife experience this side of the equator. MalaMala Game Reserve is one of the largest private Big Five game reserves in South Africa. It covers 13 300ha (33 000 acres), shares a 19km (12 mile) unfenced boundary with the world-renowned Kruger National Park and lies strategically sandwiched between the Kruger and the Sabi Sand Reserve.
DISCOUNTED RATE EXTENDED
Rates are NOW VALID for stays until 30 April 2021 (including festive season)
from R5,900.00 per person per night sharing in a luxury room
from R8,850.00 per person per night single in a luxury room
from R3,500.00 children under 12 years sharing
Mala Mala Camp
Mala Mala Camp is a haven of understated luxury combining warm comfort and superb service with unrivalled views of the Sand River and surrounding bushveld. It is truly a place of legends where rare photographs, old maps and extraordinary mementos rub shoulders with the works of renowned contemporary wildlife artists. The camp is an unfenced oasis in the middle of the bush.
The Mala Mala Experience
On arrival at the camps in the reserve, guests are introduced to their ranger, who acts as host, guide and educator. While an itinerary is suggested to take advantage of the more comfortable temperature ranges and the enhanced game-viewing opportunities, it is also important to take time to relax and enjoy the camp surroundings, and to immerse oneself in the environment.
“Not even Tanzania’s famed Serengeti Game Reserve or the awesome Ngorongoro Crater fills your camera viewfinder faster with Africa’s legendary Big Five – at MalaMala, lion, leopard, buffalo, rhinoceros and elephant appear magically, as if on cue,” says acclaimed wildlife photojournalist Geoff Dalglish in his Sunday Times review
Game drives are conducted twice a day (early morning, and late afternoon/ evening) in open 4-wheel drive safari vehicles. The rangers are in constant radio communication with one another to keep each other informed about the location of wildlife. Headsets are used for this purpose so as not to interrupt the sounds of the African bush. The 4-wheel drive safari vehicles enable the rangers to leave the road and provide guests with close up game viewing and fantastic photographic opportunities. Night drives, with the aid of powerful spotlights, bring the bush to life at night.
Walking Safaris: Visitors may head out on foot with their armed ranger. The perspective of the bush is entirely different to that of a vehicle, and guests will learn to read the signs of the wild, and perhaps come into close contact with the different animal species on the reserve.
Booking Terms and Conditions Apply
- The SA Resident Rates are only available to South African passport / ID holders or permanent residents and proof of such must be presented on booking.
- Accommodation is only available in luxury rooms with an upgrade to luxury suites subject to availability on check-in.
- Children of all ages are welcome but children younger than 6 years are subject to specific terms and conditions with respect to dining venues and safari vehicles. Family rooms able to accommodate a third adult or two children are available on request. The children’s rate is only applicable to children sharing a family room with an adult/s.
- No additional promotional rates can be used in conjunction with the SA Resident Rates.
- 50% deposit payment is required on confirmation of the reservation.
- We will do everything possible to ensure a maximum of 4 guests per safari vehicle.
- Private safari vehicles are available at a supplementary cost but cannot be guaranteed. Rates are quoted in South African Rand.
- All guests will be required to practice social distancing when in camp. Masks or face shields are compulsory in areas where social distancing is not possible. All guests will be required to complete and provide the following documents at least 72 hours prior to arrival: Indemnity Form and a copy of ID / Passport and on arrival, present a completed Health Questionnaire.
Included in your rate
- All meals and snacks
- Game drives in open 4-wheel drive safari vehicles conducted by an experienced ranger
- Bush walks
- Transfers to / from the Mala Mala airstrip
- Value Added Tax
Excluded from your rate
- Alcoholic beverages
- Community Tourism Levy
- Telecommunication costs
- Skukuza Airport transfers
- Transfers to / from any other camps (excluding Mala Mala Game Reserve. camps)
- Sabi Sand Wildtuin entrance fee if travelling by road
Supplementary Services: Shared road transfer to / from Skukuza Airport – per person one way, ZAR 250.00. Community Tourism Levy – per person per night, ZAR 165.00. Private safari vehicle – per empty seat out of six, ZAR 1 200.00.
Self-drive guests: Mala Mala Game Reserve is a 6 hour drive from Johannesburg. Access to MalaMala is via the Sabi Sand Wildtuin utilising Shaw’s Gate.
HOW TO BOOK
Chat with our team today. Subject to availability, early booking advised for all 2020 and 2021 dates.
Thank you for travelling ethically with Captured In Africa