DANCE WITH THE BIG 5
Dance to be Wild Championships 2016
19th – 21st March 2016
Captured In Africa are honoured to be the official travel partner for the Dance to be Wild Championships.
Held between 19th and 21st March 2016, the championships bring together dancers from all over the world, in a weekend dedicated to conservation through dance and empowerment of local children.
The Championships will be attended by Strictly Come Dancing stars & DTBW Ambassadors Klaus Kongsdal & Katya Kongsdal-Jensen.
Dancers from around the world, including our home grown stars here in South Africa, are encouraged to participate in this extraordinary weekend of dance, conservation and empowerment.
A time to shine. A time to embrace.
DANCE TO BE WILD
DTBW was started by leading South African and International Ballroom and Latin American dancers and aims to embrace all dancers to:
- Contribute effectively to the fight against the indiscriminate killing of Africa’s wildlife through the beauty of dance
- Enhance South Africa’s children’s lives through the beauty of dance
- Empower South Africa’s children to take ownership of their wildlife heritage through educational and dance programmes
Now into their third year, the Dance to be Wild championships alone are a classy, yet exuberant event. The team behind DTBW don’t want to stop there however … their purpose and work with wildlife non-profits and professionals, local communities and children has seen this unique conservation & community effort play a crucial role, not simply at local level, but internationally.
WATCH THIS advertising video from Dance to be Wild (2013) following their first championships.
Our team at Captured In Africa are passionate supporters of such initiatives and by partnering with our friends at Dance to be Wild, we look to strengthen our combined effort for wildlife conservation and work in the community.
Be a part of this fantastic effort and initiative, by supporting the DTBW Championships, you will be supporting the rapidly growing dance scene in South Africa, children and the next generation of wildlife conservationists and community ambassadors.
- Entry into the DTBW Championship 2016
- Enjoy lectures and practice sessions at Dance To Be Wild’s studio in Johannesburg
- Dance classes pre-championships with Dance to be Wild’s Ambassador Klaus Kongsdal
- A choice of dance contests – Ballroom & Latin American, Freestyle, HipHop & Disco, Social & Pro-Am
- Play a part in wildlife conservation awareness
- Give back by empowering children and fellow dancers
- Meet the DTBW Ambassadors Klaus Kongsdal & Katya Kongsdal-Jensen
- Enjoy day tours and other optional excursions
- Go on a safari to famous Kruger National Park
- Visit ethical wildlife sanctuaries with rescued animals
Dancers can enquire & enrol in 2016’s championships today;
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Website: www.dancetobewild.co.za
NOW, ABOUT THAT DANCE…
Your opportunity to combine dance with conservation … and a holiday.
Go on a ‘once-in-a-lifetime’ safari, learn about local culture on a day tour, visit renowned wildlife rescue sanctuaries, enjoy a city break or indulge in a luxury spa after the championships, all whilst learning more about wildlife conservation efforts which the Captured In Africa & Dance to be Wild teams work to highlight.
4 Night Kruger National Park Safari at the 4* Royal Kruger Lodge
There is nothing quite as stirring as encountering the Big 5 in their natural habitat, the Kruger National Park. Enjoy the adventure of day and night Safaris in an open safari vehicle, led by highly skilled rangers, into the heart of the wild African Bushveld.
Royal Kruger Lodge is a Private 4 Star Game Lodge, renowned for its exceptional personal service and intimate atmosphere.
Royal Kruger Lodge have been long supporters of Dance to be Wild and are delighted to offer guests this special offer for attending dancers to 2016’s championships. Promoting wildlife conservation and everything Dance to be Wild drives to achieve is something Royal Kruger Lodge, owners and all their staff are passionate about and fully support their continued efforts.
SPECIAL OFFER FOR CONTESTANTS
HUGE DISCOUNTED RATES FOR DANCERS & THEIR FAMILIES
Highly recommended local excursions;
- Day tours of National Heritage site Sophiatown and Soweto
- ‘Lion Whisperer’ Kevin Richardson’s Wildlife Sanctuary (day visit or overnight available)
- Visit the internationally recognised FourPaws rescue facility; Lionsrock Big Cat Sanctuary (overnight)
- Cape Town city break
- Spa breaks in Johannesburg
- Luxury safaris to South Africa’s infamous leopard territory; the Sabi Sands
- Products on our website are also available including safaris and other local day tours
If you’d like to participate in any tour, safari or city break, dancers may arrive early into Johannesburg and also have the option to extend your stay to make the most of this Championship weekend. All tours, safaris and other journeys are available prior & post the Dance to be Wild Championship weekend.
To book or learn more about any travel, tour or safari option for you;
Dance the good dance for wildlife…
Captured In Africa are experts in tailoring travel requirements. It’s not simply about travelling, but the journey – the sights, the sounds, the experience.
A portion of all proceeds from dancers booking their travel arrangements with Captured In Africa, will be donated to Dance to be Wild. We thank Sheila Bath Upton and the entire DTBW team for the opportunity in partnering with them and truly hope their continued efforts and the 2016 Championships are a major success.
Thank you for travelling responsibly.
DTBW Championship entry, classes and all other items as part of the championships fees apply. Attendees and performances may vary.
All tours, travel, transfers and safaris are bookable and payable.
Terms and Conditions apply.
Prices subject to currency fluctuations.