9 NIGHT COMMUNITY & CONSERVATION SAFARI | ZIMBABWE
Is this the safari for you?
Eco-tourism, connecting you to incredible wildlife viewing and providing benefits to local communities & wildlife preservation. On this Community & Conservation Safari you will discover and hear directly from those on the ground – communities and conservation projects, hearing from people often not heard from during an African safari, understanding their needs and how tourism can work for people… and wildlife.
At Captured In Africa, we call this Safari For Change!
Highlights of this safari
✓ Visits to local communities, schools and health centres
✓ Amazing wildlife viewing in iconic destinations
✓ Presentation on conservation from anti-poaching units
✓ Benefit conservation & local communities simply by booking
✓ Travel any time of the year
from $6,095 per adult sharing | $2,719 per child sharing
* per person sharing, single supplement may apply
Day 1: Arrive into Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe for the start of your enthralling discovery of conservation and safari. Connect with your flight to Lake Kariba. Bumi Hills Safari Lodge for 3 nights.
Day 2-3: Enjoy a mix of wildlife game drives, combined with visits to the local health centre, primary & secondary schools and a special presentation from Bumi Hills Anti-Poaching Unit.
Day 4: Depart Lake Kariba, as you fly to Hwange National Park. Somalisa Camp for 3 nights.
Day 5-6: Days are spent in and around Hwange National Park, as you learn about the local schools and the challenges local communities have. Guests will also visit local conservation projects that aim to reduce the risk of human-wildlife conflict, before visiting local bead & sewing projects.
Day 7: Depart Somalisa for Victoria Falls and Mosi-ao-Tunya National Park, on the banks of the Zambezi River. Thorntree River Lodge for 3 nights.
Day 8-9: From your beautiful riverside setting, receive a talk from a local teacher who will speak about the needs of local children and education. You’ll also visit a local blacksmith to discover more about the local community that your visit benefits.
Day 10: End your dream safari with a final breakfast, before transferring to the airport for your return flight home or onward journey with Captured In Africa.
* Additional nights may be added to any part of your itinerary, please request for your personalised quote.
Your safari includes
- Fully inclusive rate including accommodation as mentioned, including all meals and beverages, laundry
- Community Focus Donation of USD25 per person per booking
- Conservation and Wildlife Fund of USD20 per person per night
- Emergency medical evacuation insurance
- Return shared internal road transfers and flights
- National Parks Fees
- 2 shared activities per full day
- Voluntary contribution of $100 per person to Captured In Africa Foundation
Your safari excludes
- International airfare to the start and from the end of your itinerary
- Visas and other country/border entry fees
- Travel insurance and medical cover
- Private vehicle (Families with young children may be required to hire a private vehicle)
- Terms & Conditions apply.
- Prices and inclusions are subject to change and depend on season of travel and number of guests. Child prices based on ages 7-15 yrs – please speak to us for ages under 7 yrs, 18+ classed as adults.
Your itinerary is flexible to include alternative destinations, or to reduce your number of days. Our team are happy to personalise your quote.
SAFARI FOR CHANGE
Pack for a Purpose participating safari camps.
✓ Choose the supplies you wish to take from the specific items requested
(via the below links)
✓ Drop off the supplies at the accommodation
✓ They will be delivered to the project; it’s that easy!
Your safari adheres to Captured In Africa’s Responsible Tourism Policy