20% OFF SABYINYO SILVERBACK LODGE, RWANDA
Known as the “land of a thousand hills”, Rwanda has seen positive growth as a country and is quickly becoming a must do for many travellers.
After independence, this small Central African nation leaped to fame as the Land of “Gorillas in the Mist”, adopted home of Dian Fossey and the most important refuge for the rare mountain gorilla. Whilst much of Rwanda is progressing, including the additional of wildlife species such as rhino and lion to make Rwanda a “big 5” safari destination, classic tourist draws such as chimpanzees and mountain gorillas never get old and continue to promote eco-tourism at its finest.
Now is a great time to book that bucketlist gorilla trek with discounted accommodation!
20% OFF ACCOMMODATION RATES
@ Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge in Rwanda
Book by 31st December 2020 for travel between 1st January – 31st May 2021
SABYINYO SILVERBACK LODGE
Usual rate before discount: US $968 per person per night | US $1,210 per single per night (January-March 2021)
Usual rate before discount: US $610 per person per night (April-May 2021 *wettest months) – no single supplement
Sabyinyo Silverback Lodge is Rwanda’s ﬁrst ever community owned lodge; built and operated by our friends at Governors’ Camp Collection (who also run safari camps in Kenya, bookable with capturedinafrica.com), but the ownership rests with a local Community Trust, SACOLA. Your stay at Sabyinyo directly benefits local communities with socio-economic and conservation initiatives which ultimately secures a future for Rwanda’s precious mountain gorillas. The lodge is conveniently located close to the headquarters of Volcanoes National Park from where clients trek on foot to see the gorillas.
Situated in the foothills of the mighty Virungas, the chain of 15,000 ft volcanoes stretching through Rwanda, Uganda and the Democratic Republic of Congo, Sabyinyo offers wonderful views of the volcanoes and the surrounding countryside. Guest cottages and the main lodge building have been beautifully constructed – the perfect base from which to explore this unique and fascinating corner of Africa. Accommodation comprises six luxury cottages, two suites, one family cottage.
Gorilla permits are limited to a set number issued each day to help maintain tourist numbers and restrict human interactions with the gorillas and limit potential spread of human disease to the gorillas. It’s extremely important that we pre-book your gorilla permits to avoid disappointment and guarantee your once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Time spent with the gorillas is limited to 1-hour. Your total trekking time is dependant upon the location of the gorillas within the forests of Virunga, with walking time varying between 2-5 hours. We recommend a reasonable level of fitness, good walking boots and walking pole (if you require) to tackle to forest and muddy inclines you may experience (depending on season, rainfall and location of the gorillas at the time of your visit to Rwanda).
Gorilla Trek Permit Cost: US$1,500 per trek per person (pre-booked and paid for in advance as part of your safari)
What else is there to do?
- Visit Dian Fossey’s research camp and grave site
- Trek to view the beautiful and unique Golden Monkeys (additional permit required)
- Climb some of the volcanoes (Mt Bisoke, Mt M’Gahinga and Mt Muhabura)
- Bird watching
- Mountain Biking
- Visit Musanze Market
- Nyange Community Walk
- SACOLA traditional dancers perform in the lodge grounds (booking required, additional cost)
- Spa treatments
Booking terms & conditions apply
- Accommodation rates include: Rates include full board accommodation including 3 meals per person per night booked, laundry, room service, drinks (house wines, “non-premium” spirits, beers & soft drinks) and applicable VAT. Rates exclude premium drinks (champagnes, liqueurs & premium spirits), personal expenses, transfer costs & vehicle hire, Gorilla Trekking Fees and Community Bed Night Fees.
- The discount only applies to your accommodation rates only
- Flights, ballooning, Gorilla permits, transfers, park fees and other chargeable extras are all payable in full and will be provided upon quotation
- Offer booking window is until 31st December 2020
- Offer is available for travel between 1st January – 31st May 2021
- Subject to availability, early booking strongly recommended
COVID-19: You can enjoy a safe and secluded safari with us with the reassurance that properties, staff and transfers are fully Covid-compliant. Should your travel be prevented by any further outbreak of Covid-19, then Captured In Africa permit complimentary postponement of your holiday by up to 12 months of original travel date. Full terms & conditions available.
HOW TO BOOK
Chat with our team today. Subject to availability, early booking advised for 2021 safaris.
Thank you for travelling ethically with Captured In Africa