14 DAYS CLASSICAL LUXURY OF BOTSWANA & ZIMBABWE
Is this the safari for you?
A luxury safari, but don’t let that word fool you. Your safari experience takes you to some of Africa’s most exceptional safari camps, yet it’s their locations and eco-tourism foundations, that will bring you most joy.
Locations (and animals) made famous as being home to National Geographic Explorers Dereck & Beverly Joubert’s wildlife documentaries. This safari is a showcase for responsible tourism, cultural impacts and unsurpassed wildlife viewing.
Upgrade your Selinda Camp to Duba Plains Camp flying transfer to a Helicopter transfer for $688 per person and enjoy spectacular scenic views of the Delta.
Highlights of this safari
✓ Thriving conservation & eco-tourism destination
✓ Luxuriously appointed accommodations and exceptional service
✓ Day & night game drives, walking safaris, cultural interactions and see magnificent Victoria Falls
✓ Delicious food prepared by skilled chefs
✓ Photographic hide at Selinda Camp, offering close-up photo opportunities
from $17,890 per person
* per adult person sharing. Single supplement may apply. Children aged 12-15 welcome, please enquire for your personalised family quote. This itinerary is available for families with children aged 8-15 minus Sapi Explorers Camp.
Day 1: Arrive into Cape Town for the perfect city break and to prepare for your safari. Ellerman House for 3 nights
Day 2-3: Wake up, you’re in Africa!! Spend your days discovering Cape Town, local sights such as Table Mountain, Robben Island, the colourful streets and neighbourhood of Bo-Kaap, shopping, restaurants or visit the Penguins at Boulders Beach.
Day 4: Following a refreshing breakfast, you are transferred to Cape Town Int Airport for a scheduled flight to Maun, Botswana. You are greeted and escorted for a short flight over the Okavango Delta. Selinda Camp for 2 nights
Day 5: Enjoy morning & afternoon professionally guided game drives within the Selinda Reserve, from huge elephants, to big cats and rare sightings of endangered painted wolves (alternatively named wild dogs).
Day 6: Take in the watery landscape from above, as you fly to your next safari experience in the private Duba concession, where eco-tourism also plays a vital role. Duba Plains Camp for 3 nights
Day 7: Experience finer details, such as the beautifully classic Duba Plains Camp. The food is extraordinary, as is the wildlife here.
Day 8: LIFE WITH ELEPHANTS TOUR – including a scenic helicopter flight. Tour includes scenic helicopter flight to Eretsha Village followed by visits to local businesses, farms, traditional transport & hear stories of day-to-day life alongside elephants and other wildlife. This tour structured to occur during the day between camp based wildlife viewing activities so you won’t miss any scheduled game drives during your stay.
Day 9: Following a final morning game drive and breakfast in Duba, transfer to the airstrip for a flight to Kasane airport, where you are met by your driver and transferred by road to Victoria Falls and on to your next country and safari experience. Mpala Jena for 2 nights.
Day 10: Nestled by the infamous Zambezi River, relax and absorb the stunning scenery and enjoy game drives with your guide in Zambezi National Park. Included in your price is a visit to the iconic Victoria Falls.
Day 12: Don’t dream it’s over… and you don’t have to, as you transfer to Victoria Falls Airport for a flight to the private Sapi concession, where safari takes on a classic, yet new meaning. Sapi Explorers for 3 nights
Day 13-14: Explore the terrain of Sapi, with a mix of early morning and late afternoon game viewing in a open 4×4 wildlife-viewing vehicle, guided walks, canoeing and boating. Your stay here also includes a visit to renowned wildlife viewing area of Mana Pools National Park.
Day 14: That’s really it now, you have to go home. As sad as that is, you take home some amazing memories and photos. Transfer to the local airtstrip for a flight back to Victoria Falls Airport and onward flight to OR Tambo Int Airport, Johannesburg for your flight home.
Your safari includes
- Ellerman House accommodation, breakfast, airport transfers, wine tasting, drinks, snack pantry, wifi, gym, sunset experience
- Selinda Camp accommodation, scheduled wildlife activities, meals, laundry, return airstrip road transfers, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages (excluding premium brand spirits and champagne). Each tent includes one pair of Swarovski HD binoculars and a professional Canon camera body and lens kit for complimentary use.
- Duba Plains Camp accommodation, scheduled wildlife activities, meals, daily laundry, return airstrip road transfers, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages (excluding premium brand spirits and champagne). Every tent, including the Duba Plains Suites, come with a complete camera kit of the latest Canon 5D, 100-400mm and wide angle lens in addition to a pair of 8×42 binoculars for guest’s complimentary private use.
- Sapi Explorers accommodation, wildlife viewing activities, meals, daily laundry, return airstrip transfers, one wildlife experience in the Mana Pools Reserve on 3 night stays or longer, alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages (excluding premium brand spirits and champagne).
- Mpala Jena accommodation, wildlife viewing activities, meals, daily laundry, return Victoria Falls International Airport transfers which may be a combination of road and boat transfers or purely road transfers, one return road transfer to Victoria Falls town, one entrance ticket to see the Victoria Falls per guest’s stay on a guided basis, alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages (excluding premium brand spirits and champagne)
- South African Airways flight from Cape Town Int Airport to Maun, Botswana
- Machair light aircraft flights between Maun – Selinda and Duba – Kasane. Inter-camp air transfer between Selinda Camp – Duba Plains Camp * Upgrade your Selinda Camp to Duba Plains Camp flying transfer to a Helicopter transfer for $688 per person and enjoy spectacular scenic views of the Delta
- Ground transfer from Kasane, Botswana to Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe and return ground transfers from Victoria Falls to Mpala Jena Camp
- Scheduled light aircraft flights between Victoria Falls and Sapi Reserve
- South African Airways flight from Victoria Falls to OR Tambo Int Airport, Johannesburg
- Great Plains Foundation Conservation & Community Levy for each destination, including all national park fees
- Life with elephants tour
Your safari excludes
- International airfare from/to home
- Travel insurance and medical cover
- Premium drinks not mentioned as included
- Additional activities not included on your itinerary
SAFARI FOR CHANGE
Through the included Conservation & Community Levy, every traveller who travels on this itinerary (or to these camps if arranged separately) is not only helping to conserve and expand Africa’s natural habitats, but also contributes to conservation and community development. These projects include: conservation education; the distribution of solar lanterns; expanding wildlife migratory corridors and saving & trans-locating endangered species through programs such as Rhinos Without Borders.
Other responsible practices at these safari camps include bio-digesters that convert vegetable scraps in methane cooking gas, rainwater harvesting and recycling water for wildlife waterholes, using recycled hardwood in camp construction, on-site glass bottling plants for still and sparkling water and the elimination of single-use plastic.
Pack For A Purpose participating safari camps.
✓ Choose the supplies you wish to take from the specific items requested
(via the below links, you may choose as many projects and items as you wish)
✓ Drop off the supplies at the accommodation
✓ They will be delivered to the project; it’s that easy!
Your safari adheres to Captured In Africa’s Responsible Tourism Policy