13-DAY FAMILY SAFARI | KENYA & TANZANIA
Is this the safari for you?
Wanting to take your family on their first safari or provide your children with a rich education about the natural world? Visiting some of Africa’s most iconic safari destinations, enjoy this exclusive family safari together.
Highlights of this safari
✓ Spectacular wildlife
✓ Privately guided game drives in Maasai Mara, Serengeti & Ngorongoro
✓ Admire the African plains from above in a hot air balloon flight
✓ Visit and benefit locally employed staff and communities
✓ Ideal opportunity to bond as a family, with nature
from $39,950 per family of 4
* Based on 2 adults and 2 children (aged 5-18) at 50% of adult rate. Under 5 years go free.
Day 1: Arrive into Nairobi Airport for the start of your next African adventure. On arrival you are met by your driver (with name board in the arrivals hall), who will transfer you directly to your accommodation for the next 2 nights in Nairobi National Park.
Accommodation: Ololo Safari Lodge, Nairobi National Park (Stable Family Room)
Day 2: Awake to your first African sunrise and prepare for a morning game drive in the park. Being so close to the city gives a unique perspective, yet you are away from the bustling traffic of city life.
Following a morning tea/coffee/drink, enjoy a game drive in the national park and sight your first wildlife on your trip. Head back to the lodge for breakfast/lunch and relax and review your photos & video from the morning game drive.
In the afternoon, you are transferred to nearby David Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage for a 5pm visit to the elephant orphans, where you will learn more about why they are there and the work the sanctuary and organisation does, both here at the sanctuary and in the field.
Accommodation: Ololo Safari Lodge, Nairobi National Park (Stable Family Room)
Day 3: A final morning breakfast at Ololo Safari Lodge, before you are transferred to Nairobi Wilson Airport for a scheduled light aircraft flight to the Maasa Mara. Head to the Safarilink lounge to prepare for your flight. Safarilink Flight 1000am, landing 1100am.
On landing at the Ol Kiombo Airstrip, you will be met by your guide/driver who will transfer you to your accommodation for the next 3 nights.
Accommodation: Topi House, Maasai Mara (Mara Bush Private House)
Day 4-5: Daily game drive activities with your private guide to the Maasai Mara. It’s Great Migration time, so the plains are filled with animals from Wildebeest and Zebra, to the lurking Predators and grazing Elephants.
x1 Hot Air Balloon flight (per person) is included in your safari, whilst at Topi House. Staff will advise you of the morning this will take place.
Accommodation: Topi House, Maasai Mara (Private House)
Day 6: It’s departure time this morning, as you transfer to your next safari experience. This time you head across the border into Tanzania to witness the Migration furthermore. Your guide transfers you to ol Kiombo Airstrip. Safarilink flight to Migori departing 1130am, landing 1200pm.
On arrival to the Migori airstrip, you will be transferred to your connecting flight. Coastal Aviation flight to Kogatende airstrip, departing 1230pm, landing 1450pm.
Awaiting will be your guide/driver, who will transfer you from Kogatende airstrip to Olakira Camp for 3 nights.
Accommodation: Olakira Camp, Northern Serengeti (family tent)
Day 7-8: Twice daily game drive activities in the Serengeti, in the space of days, you are experiencing one of nature’s greatest spectacles – The Great Migration – on two of the world’s most famed wildlife areas – the Maasai Mara and Serengeti ecosystems.
Accommodation: Olakira Camp, Northern Serengeti
Day 9: Following a final relaxing breakfast in the Serengeti, you are transferred to the airstrip for your next instalment of your family safari journey. Coastal Aviation flight to Seronera airstrip departing at 0925am, landing 1030am. On arrival at the airstrip, you are met by your driver from Namiri Plains … prepare your cameras for a transfer to your next camp for 2 nights.
Accommodation: Namiri Plains, Eastern Serengeti (Family Tent)
Day 10: Take in this expanse with two daily game drives and optional safari walks. View wildlife and if lucky you will feel like you have this land all to yourselves. The camps’ expert guides are renowned for being some of the best in Africa.
Accommodation: Namiri Plains, Eastern Serengeti
Day 11: One last Namiri game drive for those final photos and videos, before you are transferred to your final adventure. The unique experience and landscape that is Ngorongoro Crater. Board your Coastal Aviation flight for Manyara departing 1045am, landing 1125am.
On arrival be once again met by your guide, who transfers you to your accommodation. You will also be provided with a packed lunch for this journey to camp.
Accommodation: The Highlands, Ngorongoro Crater (Family Tent)
Day 12: Venture into the crater itself, a naturally enclosed wildlife reserve by the crater walls. Inside lies a vast array of wildlife from lions and elephants, to rhinos and birdlife – all sheltered on the crater floor. Guests will also be provided with a hot packed lunch for your crater game drive.
Accommodation: The Highlands, Ngorongoro Crater
Day 13: It’s your final morning in Africa, sadly, but you’ve have quite an adventure and experience.
Transfer to the Manyara airstrip, complete with packed lunch for the journey, in time for your Coastal Aviation flight to Kilimajaro International Airport departing 1125am, landing 1230pm. On arrival into Kilimajaro airport, you will be greeted and assisted to help you on your way to your onward flight home.
Thank you for travelling with Captured In Africa.
Included in your safari
- Ololo Safari Lodge: Airport transfers (arrival and departure) from JKIA &Wilson Airport. Transfers from hotels located in the vicinity of both airports. VAT. Full board accommodation (soft drinks, non-top shelf gin, whiskey, vodka, house wine and house beer). WIFI. Swimming pool. Game drives in Nairobi National Park (NNP). Laundry
- Topi House: Full board accommodation, soft drinks, beer, house wine, non-luxury spirits, laundry, 1 vehicle and guide per house, airstrip transfers (Mara North airstrip – Mara and Acacia House, Ol Kiombo airstrip – Topi House). Game drives in the Mara Game Reserve, visits to local school, village and trading centre (village visit – US$ 20 per person), bush breakfasts and sundowners
- Olakira Camp: Full board accommodation, all drinks (except champagne, cellar wines, premium brand spirits), laundry service, scheduled open vehicle game drives, transfers to/from Kogatende airstrip (June-mid Dec)
- Namiri Plains: Full board accommodation, all drinks (except champagne, cellar wines, premium brand spirits), laundry service, scheduled open vehicle game drives, walking safaris, transfers to/from Seronera Airstrip
- The Highlands: Full board accommodation, all drinks (except champagne, cellar wines, premium brand spirits), scheduled game drives, Olmoti Crater hike, Empakaai Crater hike, Maasai cultural visit, hot lunch on the Ngorongoro crater floor, transfers to/from Manyara airstrip, laundry service
- All local flights and transfers as per your itinerary.
- Your itinerary starts in Nairobi, Kenya and ends in Kilimanjaro, Tanzania
- All park and conservation fees
- Tanzania Tourism Development Levy
- Hot air balloon flight in Maasai Mara National Reserve
Excluded from your safari
- Comprehensive travel insurance
- Visas for each country and any other entry fees at borders
- Anything not listed as included at each accommodation such as premium drinks
- Personal expenditure, curio shop purchases, phone calls
- Extra activities not listed as included, such as community visits bookable in camp on arrival
- David Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage visit requires adoptions for each visitor
SAFARI FOR CHANGE
Your safari benefits both the Asilia Foundation (who operate your safari camps on this itinerary) and Captured In Africa Foundation.
Your stay at Topi House (Mara Bush Houses) contributes conservancy fees and provide the Maasai community with a sustainable livelihood and ensures the conservation of wildlife in this vital corridor of the Maasai Mara ecosystem. Olakira Camp is recognised by Responsible Tourism Tanzania for integrating its working culture and daily operations into a sustainable and responsible management approach. Namiri Plains is a remote safari camp in an area once closed off to allow the Cheetah population to recover from excessive hunting, it is now a stronghold for big cats and other animals.
All of the properties on your itinerary use either part, or 100% solar power.
Your safari adheres to Captured In Africa’s Responsible Tourism Policy